This is the official entry criteria for Rap Battle Royale competition as presented by Morgeez. This spells out the expectations from all Rappers who will be participating in the competition. Hence it is very important for rappers to take note of the below:
Once the competition has kicked off, it will last for 6 straight weeks (this is because we had chopped it from the original 13 weeks it was supposed to run to just 6 weeks due to the lockdowns and restrictions everywhere due to covid-19. Every week will be a new task rapper. Look out for the competition schedule.
Criteria for Entry into the Competition
- This is an open competition. However, admission, entry, and participation are strictly reserved for those rappers who had bought their entry ticket at the Morgeez Store or right here.
- Recommended age is from 13 years to 25years old male or female rappers, any race.
- Contestants younger than 18 (eighteen) requires to submit a parent’s or guardian’s consent.
- Entry for the competition is your receipt of Ticket Purchase This is to curb chance takers and unserious individuals or groups.
Criteria for Performance
- Rappers should come with an instrumental version of their track on a USB device.
- Rappers without any recorded track shall perform without any backing track
- Freestyle Segment – where Rappers goes head to head in secs battle shall also apply; this to measure creativity, confidence, and level of spontaneous performances.
- Every week, rappers shall perform with new techniques and style as directed
- Every week, the song choice and performance approach shall be new and as directed.
- There shall be original song choice of performance but with the technical approach as directed.
Performance Evaluation Process
- Contestants shall be shortlisted as per the final evaluation of performance videos filmed in-studio or submitted through virtual performance.
- Contestants shall be notified of final judging/performance verdicts before that last week via the Morgeez Community Center’s private messaging.
- Shortlisted or selected contestants may be called-back to battle it all out again at a fixed date to determine the overall winner.
- Depending on the number of contestants runner-ups might also be chosen but without a price to join the Morgeez Records Family. These will form part of our hip hop groups as a backing rapper or hype rappers that will be backing our overall winner during performances and recordings. Great exposure and development opportunity. Most of all, an opportunity to get into Morgeez Records.
Criteria for Judging the Final Contest
1. The judging process will include the evaluation of video clips of performances by contestants. And these video clips can only be evaluated after the day of the competition.
2. The Judges or moderators will and can only inform the final verdicts of the contestant’s performances at a later date via emails on the Morgeez Community Center.
3. In the case of lack of clear cut winners, a call-back to selected contestants shall be issued within 7 days after the competition. These contestants will then be given a chance to re-battle at a later date.
4. Decisions by the judges are final. There is no appeal process. PROTEST – are prohibited and will not be accepted regarding any score or result of a decision. Learn more on Judging criteria.