- Aug 30 - 31 2022
- 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Talent Development
Music is Wealth | A Music Business Workshop
Music is Wealth, is a special music business workshop aimed at finding ways to become economically viable. Opportunity to explore how the independent music industry can become more and more sustainable as a reliable means of livelihood. The nitty-gritty of the music business as it relates to wealth creation within the Indie Music Industry.
The workshop is designed to discover and expose various music business opportunities and job opportunities in the indie music industry. Opportunities that can enable indie artists and indie music creators to become more self-reliant.
Whereas, candidates will be thought highly important but basic processes and steps into getting into the music industry either as a worker or as a talent, or even as an entrepreneur.
Because the music business itself is a combination of its primary element of creativity, hence this music business workshop can only be reasonable if the creative aspect is well-dealt-with as well.
Before the income stream, it’s obviously the creative prowess of the industry actors that generates the atmosphere of the business. So this aspect of the workshop will deal with the various components of the music creation process which includes but not limited to:
- A look at songwriting technics
- Understanding the beats making process and commercial viability
- A look at modern music instruments and Software
- A look at modern studio setup and how to accomplish one without breaking the bank.
- Assembling a production team
Our focused topics shall include:
- A look at the commerciality of original music creation within originality space
- A look at the whole packaging and marketability of talents
- Discovering means of immediate livelihood within the indie music industry.
- Exploring more job opportunities within the indie music industry
- Exploring more prosperous business opportunities within the indie music industry.
- Setting up an overall sustainability agenda.
Among many others, this music business workshop is set to achieve the following:
- A better understanding of the music creation process as it involves commerciality which in-turns serve as a means of popularity and eventual wealth creation opportunity.
- Understanding the various income-generating opportunities and how to harness them to the benefit of one’s career as an artist and music creator.
- Finding alternative channels of collaboration, including performance initiatives that can generate more revenue creation opportunities.
- Defining success and what it really means, and how to manage success to avoid common mistakes of the past musicians.
This music business workshop will see music business experts with experience within the independent music industry, exposing the various avenues for revenue by sharing their journey and knowledge of the industry to the benefit of candidates. This is to enable youth to understand the industry so they can be better prepared for it.